Technical Life Insurance Expert - Gibraltar / Remote – Negotiable
The Technical Expert will be responsible for providing and preparing input on the authorisation and supervision of financial services firms against legislative and regulatory requirements in
What you will be doing:
- Providing direction for the effective processing of authorisation and supervision-related work of Life Assurance firms to ensure that assessments are conducted in a timely manner, providing
oversight in particularly complex and high-risk applications, making recommendations for decisions, and ensuring that any potential risks can be effectively supervised going forward.
- Recommending decisions on supervisory actions for insurers in Gibraltar.
- Providing technical expertise when carrying out/ reviewing risk assessments with the aim of understanding key risks faced by Life Assurance firms.
- Proactively building strong relationships, with a diverse set of stakeholders, including firms, representative bodies, consumers, the Government of Gibraltar, UK and international regulators
- Leading the development and effective delivery of the strategic operational plan in a changing market environment.
- Maintaining a strong, current understanding of relevant market, Government of Gibraltar, UK and other international regulatory developments, and their implications.
The company is looking for people who are passionate about ensuring the interests of consumers are at the heart of firms’ decisions. You will have the opportunity to have a positive impact on
millions of customers. This is a great time to be joining Insurance Supervision.
The company is offering a relocation package and they are also open to candidates looking for a remote position, however the successful candidate would need to work from the company’s Gibraltar
office 1 week per month.
A full detailed job description is available upon request.
To apply for Technical Life Insurance Expert (ref: A/31025) contact email@example.com